Sunday, November 9, 2008

Utah trip

Once I've got the blog rhythm down I'll post pictures in a more timely manner, but for now I'd say a three week lag time is acceptable. Here are pics from our Utah trip.

Teo had a great time at the playground near Grandma and Grandpa Ohsiek's house.
Swinging on the bars


Whistling soulfully


We got to meet Joe's cousin Marcie and her husband Lee, and the dogs


Then we took a trip down memory lane (to Provo) and went to dinner with Joe's nephew Keegan. Apparently the Brick Oven used to be called Heaps. Who knew? Obviously not me. I forgot about huge drinks with free refills. People are very thirsty in Utah. I had two 64 oz. apple beers, aka Martinelli's. mmm, sugar.


Chris took us to the downtown SLC farmer's market - very cool, I didn't know SLC had that kind of thing. Ate jerk chicken skewers and some sort of organic tofu breakfast burrito. Joe got an awesome farmer's market t-shirt that I'm just a little bit jealous of.
Stopped at Chris's place to look at his Halloween decorations.


Saturday night we had a yummy dinner with about 4 kinds of barbecued meats, salads, veggies, chips, spinach dip, dessert - the usual Ohsiek smorgasbord, followed by the inevitable food coma in the family room. These are not pictures of comatose people. At some point I'll remember to take pictures that go along with the narrative, or maybe only post pictures that support my story. Whatever, just look at the pics.




It was a quick, fun trip and we got to see lots of family, and everyone got to know each other a little better.
Flew home just in time to carve a pumpkin. Teo has never been one to shy away from pumpkin guts.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks like fun! I think it's totally normal to post about something that happened weeks ago. I do it all the time. :) Again, totally happy you have a blog. Yipee!

LA GUERA SALSERA said...

Yikes, horrible picture of me...but that's okay. It was fun to see you guys. Did you know Provo had a farmer's market? Yeah, just found out about that gem the last two weeks of cold October! Next summer :)