Monday, November 3, 2008

Early Voting Results

The polls are now closed. After a record 50 submissions we have a winner - Maria Fofia (as in maria maria bo bia banana fana fofia me my mo mia...maria!) Okay, so Joe submitted it on behalf of Teo which means the batch of homemade cookies will be staying right here. It's not voter fraud, it just happens to be the one that I liked the best. There were several honorable mentions - fRANKly speaking, asian spice, rambling rank, the rank mojo, marichi - but this one clicked for me.

Okay, on to the pictures.

Teo was a very scary pirate (not a gypsy!) for Halloween. She and Frida, dressed as a ghoulishly green witch, hit all the hotspots and made a, well... killing.



I don't understand why the pictures keep attaching to the top of the message, forcing me to cut and paste the whole string of code, but I'm sure I'll figure it out someday, hopefully.

The next day Teo wanted to try different kinds of makeup, so after dance class we did a little experimenting.

Notice how she's still wearing the earrings. She loves dangly earrings!
She then did my makeup, which included lots of blush and smiley, winky eye wrinkles - she's got a steady hand, don't you think?


Then she decided to fill in my eyebrows. (no shower yet, hence the grungy greasy head)


Sorry, that last one's a little scary. Here's a nice relaxing sunset taken this summer from the deck.


That's it for the first post. Don't want to give away all my secrets just yet.

7 comments:

Amy said...

YAY!!! I love it!! I'm so glad you've joined the blogging world! Pretty soon you'll be finding fun post names in all the world around you! :) Great pics and it looks like you and Teo are having so much fun!

PS - the verification word I have to type in is wormed. Weird.

supercalla said...

I second the hurray! So good to see the pics of you and the family up. Ok got to figure out how I am going to vote other then YES on 8!

Love ya

LA GUERA SALSERA said...

Love, it! Teo is such a little beauty!! If you ever figure out the stupid posting pictures predicament let me know??? I'm still struggling with that one.

Megan said...

Yay Maria Fofia! Amy told me about your blog. I love it. You're so funny. I can't wait to read it all the time. Congrats on the happy marriage!!

maria said...

Thanks Megan! Amy's right, we love comments!

Anonymous said...

Is that a picture of your nostril? (Your profile picture)

maria said...

That is not my nostril. It's a close up of Josefina's eye. Josefina is an American Girl doll, a young girl growing up in New Mexico in the early 1800's, and one of Teo's favorite things.