Friday, March 13, 2009

42 inches and counting

Here are some belly pics from the last week or so. I feel a little like a cartoon character that's just eaten something big, like a turkey, and swallowed it whole, and it's only going to get bigger!





This picture shows off the belly band - a tube top, basically, that helps hold up the pants

6 comments:

Megan said...

That is so cool! It's really in there, growing and everything. Yipee! A baby. That's awesome. :) You look lovely!

Steph said...

You look cute! The band holds up your pants? I've heard a lot of uses for those... a slimming effect, a sports bra for your belly, and now a pants holder! Cool! :)

sojay said...

You don't look very pregnant in the top picture. Wait, are belly bands available to the non-pregnant general public? I want one!

maria said...

I got the belly band at Target for half the price of a Bella Band, which is the name brand version. Maternity pants with the full panel tend to slip down since my stomach isn't huge yet, and the band holds them up. I can also wear pre-maternity pants and skirts fully unzipped and it holds them up too. It's great!

sojay said...

Did you know the Bella Band was invented/created by one of my highschool classmates? It is true, Ingrid "Inky" Carney.
Her dad worked in Riyadh and she went to MMI. In fact, she's in charge of our 25yr reunion in Aug.

maria said...

It's amazing that someone can just invent a spandex band. How did they know how to make it? Did they think of it while wearing a tube top? Or maybe just a tight tank top. I guess it's all about marketing. If you sold it as a girdle people might not buy it, but introduce it to the maternity market and it sells like hotcakes.