So on my first real day of being a stay at home mom I accidentally snagged Hugo jacket zipper on his skin! I started to unzip it and he howled - I couldn't see where it was stuck but could tell it wasn't moving and he was in pain. We got it off, but he was left with a little wound. It broke the skin on his tender little chest. It must have hurt so badly. And then when I was on the phone with cabinetparts.com people asking how to return stuff, he somehow cut his finger on something and there were little blood smears all over the place. He wouldn't hold still so I could put the bandaid on, and I was trying to open it with one hand while holding him and keeping the bloody finger away from everything in the bathroom and I started swearing! I said damn bandaid!
This does not bode well.
We're not off to a great start. He is, however, taking a nap right now - in his crib. I count that as a huge success any day. But why are bandaid wrappers so hard to get open? They should be on a roll, like scotch tape. Or at least with a bigger pull apart area so they can be easily opened with the hand and teeth. Of course, Hugo did not like having the bandaid on his finger and kept trying to pull it off. I put one on my finger thinking it would help if we had matching owies - it didn't. He finally resorted to sucking on the bandaid, and kept sucking on it for the next several hours until it finally came off in his mouth.
3 comments:
Poor little guy! Kids get hurt all the time - no big. He'll be fine! Noah just started pulling himself up on stuff, so he also just started taking several spills a day, bonking his head every time. Ah well. Staying home full time is so hard, but it's a huge blessing that you can do it! Go you!
Oh no! What a way to start your retirement. I'm sure it will get better. And I'm sure Hugo has already forgotten what caused it and is now just enjoying the fun new world of bandaids. Just wait till he wants to start putting them on his face for no reason.
Oh no! I don't suppose you remember playing with a razor blade when you were very small? Eek, I thought you were playing with Kimball's model paints because your fingers were covered with bright red, but then I found one of Daddy's straight-edge razor blades in your hands. I can't remember anything else.
Post a Comment