I realized I didn't have any pictures of him at work, and I need some badly. Maybe that will just make me miss him more. Dunno. But look at this cutie - how could I not miss being around him?
Monday, October 19, 2009
Back to work
I started back at work today and things went pretty well. The nanny has been watching the baby for a few hours nearly every day since the beginning of September, but this was the longest I've been away from him in one stretch. I tried to get everything planned out the night before, with the pump and bottles and purse (haven't used one of those in 3 months, it's just been the diaper bag) and setting the alarm early enough that I'd have time to either pump or feed, then shower, eat and get out the door on time. Even with Joe's help I wasn't quite on time to work, but that shouldn't surprise anyone.... Anyway, I guess my point is that it was difficult to say good bye to the baby and I missed him terribly during the day. Saturday night we had our first real date and went to the opera, and I kept thinking about the baby and how cute he is and how I just want to cuddle him and how he's growing so fast and ....
I realized I didn't have any pictures of him at work, and I need some badly. Maybe that will just make me miss him more. Dunno. But look at this cutie - how could I not miss being around him?




I realized I didn't have any pictures of him at work, and I need some badly. Maybe that will just make me miss him more. Dunno. But look at this cutie - how could I not miss being around him?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Ah, cutie babe! Yeah, that's how I feel when I leave Chris at home...ha, ha...jk. Yes, I would miss the wee babe too.
Yeah, now you know why Liz decided not to go to grad school. Andrea was only two weeks old.
Oh wow! Good luck with the transition! I know how hard it is to leave the baby. Even working at home I have guilt that I don't spend enough time with the kids.
The crazy eyes picture is funny. Sophia used to do eye things like that. It would crack me up. Maybe Hugo will also run laps around the neighborhood when he's two?
He has a giant green froot loop on his tummy! And he still has old man hair! Hahaha. Chunky and cute.
I think it's universal for moms to feel quite distressed over leaving their babies. Even mama misses Hugo and she hasn't even seen him that much.
Post a Comment