
Tonight Teo declared her favorite movie to be Grease. We've only watched about a third of it, but she has the entire soundtrack memorized. We listened to the CD several times on the way down to Sun River, Oregon last week, and on the way back. She listened to it for three hours straight between Vancouver and Seattle and was happily singing all the way about her "ginger tea" (listen to the song Sandra Dee again and you'll see where a six year old would get that).
I told the RS presidency about the pregnancy last night and they were of course very excited and eager to share stories. I need to talk to more pregnant people. I don't know what to expect or what to plan for or anything really. So for those of you who have gone through it please feel free to share your advice.
Joe's latest name suggestion is WooWoo - for a girl, of course.
5 comments:
Ah, so quick to forget your single roots. You've joined the "married's" as well as the "prego's"...it's like a secret club. Well, I could quickly become impregnated with an illegitimate child and then offer my advice...compare pregnancies to see if what you're experiencing is "normal". Otherwise I can offer no words of wisdom...except please do not name the child WooWoo. (I'm hoping WooWoo was a joke so as not to offend you)
Grease is awesome! But also, don't let her listen to "Grease Lightening" too closely. It's like the dirtiest song on the planet! They use a super icky word. Now I sound like I'm six myself. I don't have any prego advice, but I am pretty sure that after a few months you will be begging people to stop giving you advice because that's all they'll do! Oh! I have something - I would suggest that once you decide on a name, don't tell anyone, because they'll all tell you what they think of it and it won't all be good, no matter how fantastic the name. Someone will tell you it's their dog's name.
Isn't Grease just totally about sex? I never picked up on that until I was an adult so I'm sure Teo will continue to sing about her ginger tea for at least a decade.
Doesn't everyone buy that book, "What to Expect When You're Expecting?"
You'll be tired, short of breath and uncomfortable. I'm sure Carlota would be happy to share her video with you.
Ha, ha...yes, Carlota has little Eden's birth all on film. They are very open individuals. I have yet to watch but Marisa was there in person and apparently litterally couldn't sleep the next few nights...she was too disturbed.
It is funny how if you get a group of women together who have nothing in common except having had children, you can end up having a very long and very personal conversation. It's always weird to me. I guess we all view our pregnancies and labors as great battle stories.
I still have my heavily used copy of "What to Expect". Would you like me to send it to you? It's 14 years old now but I expect the basics haven't changed much. :)
Seriously though, it is helpful to have some pregnancy reference books around to go to whenever you start feeling freaked out about this or that. At least it was for me.
My main advice would be to sleep while you can and try not to stress!
Post a Comment