Seattle finally got its share of the snow that's been falling all around us. We must have gotten 4 inches today on Phinney Ridge. I know, I know, you people out in Utah are saying 4 inches is nothing ( I eat pieces of crap like you for breakfast! - You eat pieces of crap? -Happy Gilmore) but when nothing gets plowed and no one has snow shovels, you start to feel a little incapacitated. Schools are closed and federal offices are closed (hospitals are open so Joe had to chain up and drive to work - Boo!) so Teo and I had a fun time today. She got to play in the snow with Milo and work on the gingerbread house. I got to sleep an extra 45 minutes this morning.
If I knew how to upload pictures on a Mac I'd show the copious amount of snow around our house, and the awesome gingerbread house. But I'm not a savvy Mac user so I don't know how to preview pictures from the thumb drive before uploading them (Mac users feel free to send tips!). I'm working on the laptop because the internet doesn't work on the desktop. Something about an IP address conflict (PC users feel free to send tips!)
So rather than spending time looking at email or silly websites I guess I'll have to read a book or the newspaper or go for a walk or clean the house or some other productive activity.
4 comments:
It is pretty crazy out there, isn't it? There's tons of snow here in Bothell. It's been fun to have so many days off work/school!! Yipee! I use a Mac but I don't know how to explain how to use it. Sigh. No help at all.
Actually, 4 inches is a fair amount, especially if not plowed. The paper had a picture of a bus hanging over I-5.
Does your work call you to say you don't have to come or do you make that decision yourself?
Joe just happens to have chains for an occurence like this? Scary hills.
Did you get my package? I just received yours, haven't opened it yet.
I didn't hear about the bus hanging over I-5. Scary!
Work has a number that you can call with a pre-recorded message that they update by 5:30 or 6 in the morning when there's sketchy weather.
Joe had/has two sets of chains - one to fit the van and one to fit my car. He put the chains on the van but one came off somewhere. We wouldn't have gotten around town without them.
Yes I got your package. We're waiting to open everything until Christmas.
Sonja helped me to read the blog. I am reaching toward 21st century.
Post a Comment